Thursday, March 10, 2005

The T.A.L.A. Band Disband

T.A.L.A. Band - mystery track: So another Vancouver band (see Fuck Me USA)records an EP and breaks up before it sees the light of day. I wonder why this happens. I wonder why it only happens to my favorite bands in the city. Do I have a taste for tension? No, I just like post-punk/art-dance-rock/new-wave bands- you know how it is. With the T.A.L.A. Band we have the post punk/funk rythms, post punk guitar, and vocals like Mark E. Smith covering Ian Curtis doing an exaggerated impersonation of Robert Smith, but still original- sounding nothing like the above mentioned artists. It was all so perfect in 2004, complete with promises of seven minute sets at artsy fartsy skate shops. These kids were getting my vote as the best band in Vancouver. Then a week ago I got this CD with news the members of the T.A.L.A. Band had moved on to other projects. Let's hope they can start 4 bands as awesome as this.

Click here for another talaband song. html Target = blank.

And in related news, my favorite mp3 blog: Uncritical is finally back. Stop by and say hello.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There may be a TALA band & Fuck Me USA split 10" coming out, to be followed by a FMUSA pseudo-discography...

4:30 PM  
Blogger Tyler Fedchuk said...

I will need to buy one of those records when they come out.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home