Thursday, July 01, 2004

PBR should never have been released here...

So my fucked band bulletsnake played the marine club last night, got a flat of PBR's and instead of practicing, me and tyler (yes, we are both tyler) got drunk and made up a new set of dance music yesterday afternoon, accidentally diverting from our traditional emo-folk-glam-metal roots. Anyway, I had to DJ the night too (as much as I wanted someone else to) and these were the hot shit jams of the night (aside from the obviously awesome 5 hour old bulletsnake dance party songs, and the Alan Braxe and Fred Falke track I posted a couple of days ago):

Chromeo- Needy Girl: Well the fact that I had to work the music didn't stop me from getting onto the dancefloor and dancing like John Belushi. You just can't help yourself with a song like this. Taken from 2004's "She's In Control" it's probably the most immediately accessible track on the record. But if you got an ear for this sort of Cameo/Prince/Rammalzee Vs K.Rob sort of thing than the rest of the album is the hottest thing next to Zinc blockin your sunburn. According to chromeo's own bio: "Crossing the Gaza Strip of Sexxx Jams Chromeo is Pee Thug and Dave 1: best friends since their Montreal adolescence, virtuoso musicians, walking hip hop encyclopedias, and the only successful Arab/Jew partnership since the dawn of human culture."

Avenue D- 2d2f: Ya, if the bassline isn't enough to kill you, the chorus from these NYC girls that drops in full soulful style "don't get too drunk to fuck, you've got to get it up, don't get too drunk to fuck, you've got to get it in" ought to be enough to straighten the party out.


here are the links for further reading:

Chromeo- link to their site on Vice records. Listen to chromeo while watching awesome rollerskating videos. I think I was there that day in Central Park. I'm a have to confirm that.

Chromeo- Official site

Avenue D- Official sights and sounds and bio stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

Avenue D song is fab. I know it's not appropriate to listen to it in my office, but I can't help myself.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home