Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Fuck all that punk shit,

Heavy metal rules!!!

Yeah, heavy metal parking lot pretty much rules too.

So, it's my 25th birthday today and I thought I'd divert from the more dance oriented posts I've been doing, in favor of some birthday music.

Motorhead- Motorhead: This is it. If you have a fucking amazing stereo turn it all the way up, way past 11 and fucking rock out. I'm serious. It's the band's name, the song title, and the message. And it's one of my favorite songs of all time, cause this song rocks harder than any song ever.

And while we're at it...some old punk shit

Hanson Brothers- Brad: From Vancouver Island, Victoria, B.C. it's the Hanson Brothers, and this is the brand new single just released 15 years ago. Based on the Nomeansno song Dad this song is the Canadian childhood, for real this time. And I wasted about a half a year when I was thirteen years old harassing this record store in Nanaimo to get this 7 inch in. Finally I got it, and twelve years later I recorded it onto my computer to share with you on my birthday cause it makes me all nostalgic.


And, If you happen to see me around tonight, and you want to make me happy, take over the DJing duties from someone and play these songs.

SNFU- Real men don't watch Quincy (some O.G. Edmonton punk shit circa 1981, off the "it came from inner space compilation" out on the defunct rubber records. does anybody have this track? I only have it on a tape I made off university radio twelve years ago.
LCD Soundsystem- Daft punk is playing at my house
Stooges- I wanna be your Dog
Alan Braxe and Fred Falke- Rubicon
Daft Punk- in general, something by daft punk
The Undertones- Teenage Kicks
XTC- Making Plans for Nigel
Payolas- China Boys
The Jam- In the City
Annie- Heartbeat (number one hit yo)
T-Rex- Hot love
Cut Copy- Going Nowhere (for sure this one at least- I've even posted it here so you have no excuses)
Chromeo- Mercury Tears, and then the rest of she's in control cause my copy melted on the way back from seattle.

and yeah, play a whole bunch more stuff we can all dance to. maybe even some roxy music for your ending song. and you'd better bring the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack so we can rock out to the Axel Foley Theme all night long.

thanks

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...!!

Just came across your blog.. good stuff.. i'll be back


cheers
abdoujaparov

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Motorhead is technically a Hawkwind song, but still rocks all the same...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Tyler Fedchuk said...

Yeah, this is originally a Hawkwind song, from 1975's Warrior on the Edge of Time in case somebody needs to hear the original.

2:43 PM  
Blogger mr. shark attack said...

rock on brother. good site. heavy metal does rule. fuck that alternative emo staring at the ground shit. anyway. i have chromeo she's in control. out!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home