Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Went to a party

Nouvelle Vague feat. Camille- Too Drunk To Fuck (dead kennedy's cover): I got this Nouvelle Vague cd Friday morning from some fashion boutique in Paris, apparently a month before it is scheduled to be released, and the jury is still out on this track. You see, if I hadn't grown up listening to the Dead Kennedys I would probably find this piece to be very interesting, like some amazing art piece done by an amazingly artsy French girl who I would be all falling in love with. But, such is not the case. I can't decide whether I am angry or sad or just lost on this song. I mean seriously, the Dead Kennedy's weren't meant to be contemporary easy listening. But at the same time, this might help to be an educational song for people who were too young, too old, or too not punk enough to remember the Dead Kennedy's. You see my problem here? The rest of the album sees seven other bossa nova ladies covering XTC, the Clash, Modern English, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, the Cure, etc. The XTC track, making plans for nigel is easily the best track on the album, with it's melody best suited out of them all for the Nouvelle Vague band to transpose into light bossa nova.

Colette- fancy parisian fashion boutique where you can order the nouvelle vague cd, along with lots of other neat stuff. The DFA puts compilation CD's together for these guys also.

Peacefrog- Official label of nouvelle vague.

please commment on this track to help me figure out how I feel about it. seriously.



The Undertones- Teenage Kicks: This track is also covered on the Nouvelle Vague album, but c'mon. I gotta post some original power pop. The Undertones formed in Derry, Northern Ireland in 1975, and in 1977 they wrote and recorded this song. It is one of my favorite tracks right now, and it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice. People repeatedly request this on my radio show, it shows up at my door covered by a french bossa nova group, and it's catchy as all hell. Needless to say I'm not complaining.

The Undertones- Official website.


Tomorrow... what do you want to hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home